Monday, December 14, 2009

Let the verbal fumblings begin

OK lets get this started.This is my 1st attempt at a blog.I'm sure all my friends on Facebook and Myspace wish I had done this a long time ago.This is gonna contain my view on God,politics,music,sports....a lil bit o everything.I do my best to not use profanity but it will be here from time to time.Oh yea I'll even throw in more than a few misspelled words and confused concepts to boot.I'm a middle-aged Christian.Conservative politically.I'm a recovering methhead/boozehound.Nothing at all since mid April of this year,and no speed since about October of 2003.I'm also a widower.Even after two years it's still sounds weird and is weirder to type.My wife's name is Sharon(I know I still use the present tense when talkin about her).She was a loving oft times exaspirating red headed beauty that I was fortunate enough to know for 4 years and be married to for 3 and a half.As a OTR driver we found out that she had cervical cancer.She rode with me for the year I drove over the road doing my logs and navigating,you know the brain-work.All I had to do was the driving,you know the muscle-work.It was a brilliant partnership.She became ill with stomach cramps while we were in Missouri.I pulled over at the nearest truck stop in Bonnesville. The kindly old lady behind the counter informed me of their hospital about a half a mile down the road and that it was ok to drop my trailer to bobtail over there.The young doctor quickly eased her pain a bit and then told us something was wrong after the pelvic exam."If I was a betting man I was would say you have cervical cancer."That was late January of 2007 if I have the math right.....I'll post more on that later.

3 comments:

  1. I get to be the first to say WELCOME TO BLOGVILLE!!!! (That's what I call it.)

    I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the welcome.Would it have kilt you to follow me?

    ReplyDelete